Embed from Getty Images
1 Million for Work Flexibility is hosting National Flex Day (#NationalFlexDay) on October 17th 2017. The organization calls this inaugural event “an opportunity to unite employers and workers across the country in an effort to raise awareness about the importance and power that flexible work can have for the good of both our businesses and our society.” They have dozens of companies, organizations and coalitions who are partners in the flexible work movement. You can find a list of them here.
They’ve provided some great tools online, including this step-by-step guide for asking for flexibility at work. Find it here.
1 Million for Work Flexibility’s goal is to raise awareness of how flexible work can increase morale and worker loyalty, and they’d like to hear from you. The organization is sponsoring a drawing with great prizes offered to people who take time to tell them why flexible work matters.
You can enter to win by leaving a comment at their contest page.
Answer the question: What does work flexibility mean to you?
(Note: By entering, you will be added to the 1 Million for Work Flexibility count and will receive occasional news, updates, and information related to work flexibility; you can unsubscribe at any time).
Winners will be chosen at random to each receive one of the National Flex Day prizes from #1MFWF coalition members, including:
- Your choice of any Flexible Work Proposal Template Package from WorkOptions.com
- A one-year subscription to Working Mother Magazine
- One of five free 3-month memberships to FlexJobs
- A $20 Amazon gift card, courtesy of Badger Maps, plus a Badger Maps 2-month free trial and demo
- A 45-minute virtual session with a career and work-life coach from Women, Work, and Life
- A 60-minute virtual special education consultation for a working parent with a special needs child, from Education Navigation
- One of five 1 Million for Work Flexibility water bottles
- And more!
HOW TO ENTER:
- First, start off with a good answer in the comments below to the contest question, whether it’s one sentence or twenty!
- Then, to get an extra entry and double your chances, share this contest on Twitter! To get credit, be sure to include your Twitter handle within your comment below, and use the hashtag #supportworkflex in your Tweet.
DEADLINE TO ENTER: Friday, October 20, at 11:59 p.m. ET
Do you have a flexible work schedule that allows you to live a more balanced life? I’d love to hear your story. Leave a comment or contact me.